3. YouTube reaveals it was actually just a contest to find the best video and is finally shutting down.
4. Google Maps is adding a treasure map feature.
5. Gmail is adding a much-needed “blue” feature.
6. And Google is adding a search-by-smell feature called Google Nose.
8. Scope released bacon mouthwash.
19. If you go to Digg and use the Konami code (up up, down down, left, right, left, right, B, A) the site will Rickroll you.
20. Canadian airline West Jet introduces their “furry family” program.
22. The White House released a video message from “Kid President.”
30. Subaru released a methane-powered car.
32. Seamless is letting you upgrade your food deliveryperson.
33. Aer Lingus announced in-flight riverdancing, among other initiatives.
- The death toll from Italy's earthquake rose to 247 people amid efforts to dig out residents still trapped in rubble.
- US Soccer suspended Hope Solo for 6 months after she called Sweden's team "cowards" during the Rio Olympics ❌⚽️
- Donald Trump's campaign paid a Barnes & Noble $55,055 to buy more than 3,500 hardcover copies of his book.