3. YouTube reaveals it was actually just a contest to find the best video and is finally shutting down.
4. Google Maps is adding a treasure map feature.
5. Gmail is adding a much-needed “blue” feature.
6. And Google is adding a search-by-smell feature called Google Nose.
8. Scope released bacon mouthwash.
19. If you go to Digg and use the Konami code (up up, down down, left, right, left, right, B, A) the site will Rickroll you.
20. Canadian airline West Jet introduces their “furry family” program.
22. The White House released a video message from “Kid President.”
30. Subaru released a methane-powered car.
32. Seamless is letting you upgrade your food deliveryperson.
33. Aer Lingus announced in-flight riverdancing, among other initiatives.
- Donald Trump was sworn in as the 45th president of the United States of America. 🇺🇸
- Over 90 people have been arrested as anti-Trump protesters and police clash in Washington, DC, during the inauguration.
- US officials didn't know drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán was being extradited from Mexico to the United States until the day it happened.