2. So she set up a meeting with the would-be thief, offering to buy it. She wrote about stealing back her bike on Monday.
I called the guy up and made arrangements to meet him in half an hour at the main street McDonalds. (McDonalds, yes, McDonalds) When I pulled into the parking lot I still had no plan of attack. I got there and saw the guy with my bike. He was wearing board shorts, a raggy tank top and dark sketchy glasses. I noticed that it was my bike right away because of the RIDE ON stickers on the frame and the fact I have a silver handle bar plug on the left and a black one on the right. A description I gave to the police already. Here is where I started thinking on my feet.
I asked the guy if I could take it for a ride around the parking lot. He was weary and said “yeah but don’t take off…” I said not to worry that I would even think of it! My heart was pounding and I had no idea what to do so I just got on the bike and was like fuck this guy and started to ride. As I was riding away, I called my friend who was driving to meet me as backup. I rode to the adjacent parking lot where she was pulling into as I was riding. We watched the guy start to look for me and he got super freaked out and he suddenly just took off running.
- UK voters sent a massive shock through the world, overturning 40 years of British EU membership.
- Prime Minister David Cameron says he will resign by October.
- British banks got hit hard, and their European peers were hit even harder.
- Scottish leader Nicola Sturgeon says a second independence referendum for Scotland is "highly likely."