1. This advertisement ran in an issue of the Wisconsin State Journal Monday.
This 9/11-themed golf course ad is a real thing that ran in today’s Wisconsin State Journal.
2. According to The Associated Press, the community was outraged by the advertisement.
Tumbledown Trails Golf Course near Madison advertised the special in the Wisconsin State Journal newspaper on Monday, saying it was intended to commemorate the 12th anniversary of the attacks that killed nearly 3,000 people. The discount, which also included 18 holes of golf for $19.11, was good for the anniversary on Wednesday only.
8. Tumbledown’s management didn’t mean to offend anyone.
Just spoke with Marc Watts of Tumbledown Trails Golf Course. He says his 9/11 promotion wasn’t meant to offend anyone
9. Now the golf course is unclear whether they’ll be able to open at all on Wednesday for fear of violence.
Watts says he and his staff have had death threats over promotion of 9 holes of golf for $9.11 on 9/11. Watts hopes people hear him out.
- US Republicans are working overnight trying to finalize a deal that'd allow their Obamacare replacement plan to pass in the House.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for the London attack through its news agency, calling the assailant its "soldier."
- An American-Israeli teen has been arrested in relation to bomb threats to Jewish institutions so far this year, the FBI says.
- A Russian former MP and Putin critic was shot and killed outside an upscale hotel in Ukraine Thursday.