1. Shannon Carr spent $9,600 on a granite headstone for her late husband, Jason, which her parish is now deeming unacceptable.
2. Carr’s tombstone is shaped like a couch, has a NASCAR logo on it, a picture of a deer, a picture of his dog…
3. …and the message “Go Colts.”
4. The parish says the headstone is unacceptable because of its secular nature and doesn’t meet their cemetery’s standards.
5. Rev. Jonathan Meyer said that Carr ignored the parish’s warnings:
“They told her not to move forward with the purchasing of the monument, but she went ahead anyway… We have consistently communicated the same message prior to the purchase and after the purchase. We did not think a granite couch was an appropriate monument in our historic cemetery.”
6. But Carr is now suing St. Joseph Parish, claiming they didn’t tell her about any regulations regarding the headstone.
- Donald Trump promised insurance for everyone this weekend, but Senate Republicans say they assume he misspoke.
- President Barack Obama shortened Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for leaking documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- Blue Lies Matter: Video finally proved that police officers lie — and why they get away with it.
- A Toronto man is on a mission to bathe at a different stranger's house every day this month. And so far, so good 🛀