1. Last week, Holly Fisher, a mother of three from West Virginia with a large conservative Twitter following, posed in front of a Hobby Lobby, wearing a pro life T-shirt, holding a soda from Chick-Fil-A.
3. The photo started going viral incredibly quickly on Twitter and Facebook and turned into a meme that was liked at least 20,000 times before Fisher even saw it.
4. Deciding to play along with the popularity of the image, she recreated it on the Fourth Of July at her home. This time she stood in front of an American flag, holding a gun, and a bible.
5. That picture went even more viral than the previous one. And immediately users started bombarding her with a similar photo of Reem Riyasha, a female Hamas member who conducted a suicide bombing in 2004.
6. Fisher spent her weekend responding to the angry comments from other Twitter users calling her an extremist, calling her fat, and threatening to rape and kill her.
7. Most of the time she ended up just making jokes back at angry Twitter users.
8. Or sending them photos of her guns.
10. By Monday the meme and a handful of similar ones are still circulating around social media. And angry liberal Facebook and Twitter users are still harassing her.
11. Earlier in June, Fisher tweeted about how her insurance plan through Obamacare affected her child’s ability to see a cardiologist.
13. Which made a similarly large splash on political Twitter.
14. A somewhat similar incident happened to blogger Helene Sula in March. A photo she took after a disastrous trip to the hairdressers became a hugely viral anti-Obamacare meme without her knowledge.
- Four people were arrested after Trump supporters and protesters clashed during a "Make America Great Again" rally in California.
- The deadly Westminster attack that left four people dead Wednesday began and was over with in 82 seconds, police said Saturday.
- People in Belarus took to the streets and opposed a "social parasites" tax on people who have been unemployed for six months.
- Heads up, Harry Potter fans. You can now get Butterbeer ice cream at your grocery store 🍦✨