2. One of the best treatments available for essential tremors is a procedure called deep brain stimulation, which involves sending electrical impulses into the brain. And that’s why Frisch was asked to bring his violin to the operating room last Spring.
4. Frisch’s violin bow was hooked up to an accelerometer, which then sent data into a computer letting the surgical team know if they were hitting the right part of his thalamus. If his tremble lessened as he was playing, then they knew they found the spot.
8. You can watch a video all about the amazing operation here:
- President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump had their first dance to Frank Sinatra's "My Way" at an inaugural ball 🇺🇸
- On his first day in office President Trump signed an executive order to "minimize the economic burden" of the Affordable Care Act.
- Over 200 people were arrested as anti-Trump protesters and police clashed in Washington, DC, during the inauguration.
- Flights around the country are packed with pink as people stream into the nation's capital for the Women's March on Washington 👭 💖