1. This is George Burnett, he runs the “I Love Drilling” Juice Bar in Vernal, Utah.
2. After five years in Vernal, Burnett has become something of a local celebrity for his controversial juice bar.
3. At the “I Love Drilling Juice Bar” liberal customers pay an extra dollar for smoothies.
6. Burnett told local affiliate KSL5 that his pricing hasn’t affected business at all:
“I’m very open about it, very public about it, that I’m going to charge them a little bit more, and I have liberals come in and pay the extra dollar surcharge,” Burnett said, referring to his unique pricing structure.
“Really what I’m focused on is the fiscal differences between big government/small government and liberal ways, as far as entitlements and spending,” he said. “We have a fiscal problem in this country. We’ve got to deal with it or we don’t have a country, so to kind of help make that point, just a little bit, I charge (liberals) just a little bit more.”
- Protests outside a Donald Trump rally in New Mexico turned violent Tuesday night as demonstrators threw rocks and bottles at police officers.
- The Afghan Taliban has picked an extremist scholar as its successor to leader Mullah Mansour, who was killed in a U.S. drone strike last week.
- Twitter will no longer count links, @names, and GIFs toward its 140-character limit. You can also retweet yourself now.