1. The old version with smoking.
2. The new version omits the lines:
“The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth.
And the smoke it encircled his head like a wreath.”
4. And includes a message on a new cover that reads:
Edit by Santa Claus for the benefit of children of the 21st century.
5. The new cover:
6. Publisher Pamela McColl said of reactions to the book’s change:
“There is a huge debate raging. I have been called every name in the book. One person said the only wreath they want to see this Christmas is one on my grave. Shame, shame, shame on you is the most common.”
- It's Inauguration Day — Donald Trump will be sworn in as the 45th president of the United States of America at 12 p.m. ET 🇺🇸
- One of the nation's top legal groups is seeking a wide array of records from four federal agencies to challenge Trump's potential business conflicts.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- Gingers rejoice! A redhead emoji may be coming your way soon 🙌