1. The old version with smoking.
2. The new version omits the lines:
“The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth.
And the smoke it encircled his head like a wreath.”
4. And includes a message on a new cover that reads:
Edit by Santa Claus for the benefit of children of the 21st century.
5. The new cover:
6. Publisher Pamela McColl said of reactions to the book’s change:
“There is a huge debate raging. I have been called every name in the book. One person said the only wreath they want to see this Christmas is one on my grave. Shame, shame, shame on you is the most common.”
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- Several states will keep enforcing bans against transgender discrimination in schools after Trump withdrew guidelines protecting students.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- A couple recently celebrated their engagement with a "La La Land" inspired photo shoot, and it's pretty cute 💍📷