1. The old version with smoking.
2. The new version omits the lines:
“The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth.
And the smoke it encircled his head like a wreath.”
4. And includes a message on a new cover that reads:
Edit by Santa Claus for the benefit of children of the 21st century.
5. The new cover:
6. Publisher Pamela McColl said of reactions to the book’s change:
“There is a huge debate raging. I have been called every name in the book. One person said the only wreath they want to see this Christmas is one on my grave. Shame, shame, shame on you is the most common.”
- It's Day 2 of the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia. Here's what you need to know.