1. Two women from The Bronx were arrested after they were caught allegedly trying to smuggle 6 1/2 kilos cocaine through JFK customs in duct-taped diapers.
2. The two arrived from the Dominican Republic and were stopped by customs and border protection officers when drug-sniffing dogs noticed the two women.
3. The officers gave the women a pat down and that’s when they discovered the two were wearing homemade diapers full of cocaine. They were then arrested and taken into custody.
- More than two dozen people were injured after a truck crashed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade on Saturday, New Orleans police said.
- Tom Perez has been named chair of the Democratic National Committee. He was Obama's Labor Secretary.