1. Aaron Arias and Jamal Harris were driving down Highway 175 in Texas when they noticed an attractive woman in another vehicle. To their surprise, she began mouthing the words “help me.”
2. Realizing there was something wrong about that, Aaron and Jamal dialed 911 and stayed on the line, following the vehicle for miles, until police could arrive.
The Daily Saint
Teens save woman kidnapped in car http://t.co/5uIMqbEZ7d
3. Aaron Arias, the 19-year-old who called 911, described the scene to a 911 operator:
“Yes, I’m on the highway. I’m witnessing a robbery. Not a robbery, a kidnapping… It’s me and another guy. So we’re checking out the girl in the backseat because we’re like, ‘OK, she’s kind of attractive’, and then all of a sudden the guy is turned back, looking at us…
We looked in the backseat and the blond female in the back was saying, ‘Help me,’ or something, whispering it. So I’m assuming it is a kidnapping.”
4. When police finally pulled the vehicle over they arrested Charles Atkins Lewis, who allegedly kidnapped the yet-to-be identified woman, charging Lewis with aggravated kidnapping.
5. Way to go, Aaron and Jamal! Looks like being a randy teenage boy finally saved the day!
KHOU 11 News Houston
TX teens become heroes after kidnapping victim mouths ‘help me’ http://t.co/HnAD0Izq88 #texas #tx
- Republican members of Congress face angry town halls flooded with voters opposing the repeal of Obamacare and other parts of the Trump agenda.
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- Several states will keep enforcing bans against transgender discrimination in schools after Trump withdrew guidelines protecting students.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.