3. During the attack, the girls only missed a major artery near their friend’s heart by a millimeter, according to reports. The victim is currently in stable condition.
4. The two girls invited their friend over for a sleepover on Friday night and then lured her into the woods the next day and began their attack.
5. According to reports, the girls were planning the attack for months.
7. It’s gone on to inspire thousands of videos on YouTube and several video games. The idea is that he’s a faceless man with tentacle arms who kidnaps children.
8. A passing cyclist who found the victim lying on the sidewalk called in the attack. If convicted, the 12-year-olds face up to 64 years in prison.
The girls were charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court as adults with attempted first-degree intentional homicide and are being held on $500,000 bail each.
9. UPDATE: The creepypasta wiki page has released a statement about the attack. They’ve also an online fundraiser for the victim.
ALL WORKS PRESENTED ON THIS WIKI AND OTHER SITES (INCLUDING SLENDERMAN, JEFF THE KILLER, BEN, SONIC.EXE, ETC) ARE FICTIONAL STORIES AND CHARACTERS
Of course, only a small minority of people (mostly newcomers) on the wiki (and the Internet) truly believe what they read here. And for most people, they will not attempt replicate atrocities presented in some of the literature on the wiki. Something like this was bound to happen, considering the size of the Creepypasta community. All it takes is one person to do something insane and radical in the name of someone or something.
This is an isolated incident, and does not represent or attribute the Creepypasta community as a whole. This wiki does not endorse or advocate for the killing, worship, and otherwise replication of rituals of fictional works. There is a line of between fiction and reality, and it is up to you to realize where the line is. We are a literature site, not a crazy satanic cult.