1. This is Laura Fernee, she quit her job three years ago because other women were jealous of her beauty.
2. She’s from the Notting Hill area of London and she used to be a scientific researcher until her beauty made working impossible.
3. The 33-year-old has a PhD, but has been unemployed for the last two years because her male colleagues were constantly hitting on her and her female coworkers were jealous of her.
5. Fernee said of her experiences working in the academic world:
“And in the end, as much as I loved my work, going in to work became very, very difficult because of the psychological impact on me… I would have thought the same but not only in one academic environment, in several academic environments I underwent the same treatment. A lot of women I know had to deal with that as well.”
After quitting her £30,000-a-year job ($45,000), she is currently living off her parents’ income, who pay for all of her living expenses. She does, though, plan on writing a book about her experiences to hopefully help other women that feel like they are too pretty to work comfortably.
- The Trump administration is rolling back an Obama-era policy aimed at protecting transgender students in public schools.
- North Dakota police have begun clearing out Standing Rock protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- Seven Earth-sized planets that could have water and possibly sustain life have been discovered orbiting a dwarf star, NASA announced today.
- Facebook is in negotiations with the Major League Baseball League to possibly stream one game per week during the 2017 season.