1. A huge sinkhole opened up under Jeff Bush’s bedroom last Thursday, swallowing him alive.
2. Officials have finally given up hope of finding Bush’s remains and are now filling in the hole with crushed rock.
3. Demoliton crews are working to raze the house, recover what’s left of Bush’s possessions and try to stabilize the shaky ground surrounding the 60-foot deep hole.
4. Florida is especially prone to sinkholes because much of the state sits atop a layer of easily dissolvable limestone rock.
5. The sinkhole situation in Florida is exacerbated by weather patterns shifting quickly from dry to wet.
6. Urban sprawl and well-water drilling have also contributed to the increase of sinkholes in Florida.
7. Many experts agree that “sinkhole season” has just begun.
- Police are investigating after someone destroyed Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk Of Fame star with a sledgehammer early Wednesday.
- And Millie Bobby Brown — Eleven from "Stranger Things" — looks badass on her first magazine cover ✨