1. A huge sinkhole opened up under Jeff Bush’s bedroom last Thursday, swallowing him alive.
2. Officials have finally given up hope of finding Bush’s remains and are now filling in the hole with crushed rock.
3. Demoliton crews are working to raze the house, recover what’s left of Bush’s possessions and try to stabilize the shaky ground surrounding the 60-foot deep hole.
4. Florida is especially prone to sinkholes because much of the state sits atop a layer of easily dissolvable limestone rock.
5. The sinkhole situation in Florida is exacerbated by weather patterns shifting quickly from dry to wet.
6. Urban sprawl and well-water drilling have also contributed to the increase of sinkholes in Florida.
7. Many experts agree that “sinkhole season” has just begun.
- Bomb threats were called into Jewish centers in at least 13 states today, making it the fifth wave of threats since January.
- The suspect in a Kansas shooting that left an Indian man dead thought he was shooting Iranians, and the FBI is investigating as a possible hate crime.
- The House Intelligence chairman denied that his call to a reporter at the behest of the White House would influence the probe of Trump and Russia.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳