3. According to Jim Romensko’s blog, Polito makes $10 a post to update Takei’s Facebook page.
“…even at $10 a joke it still feels like a validation to see so many people reacting to my humor. I have written jokes that got 10 likes per second for hours. The power of George is unbelievable. His fans are a viral army. He may not be a stockholder, but he owns Facebook.”
My possible good news this week is that a book I wrote a few years ago (and my agent gave up on) is #2 in “Hot New Releases” for kids’ sci-fi in the Kindle store. That sounds more exciting than it is, given the sales. But it’s something. I’m in the top 100 in two categories.”
8. A representative for Takei sought to clarify Polito’s role. “Rick Polito contributes memes but is not doing any updating. The page is complex and handled by a bunch of different folks for George depending on his schedule.”
- The Obama administration, which has been notoriously secretive about its drone policy, said drone strikes have killed up to 116 civilians.
- #AusVotes 2016: Follow our live election day blog as polls open, votes are cast and sausages are sizzled 🇦🇺
- Attorney General Loretta Lynch said she'll accept FBI recommendations in the investigation of Hillary Clinton's private email servers.