1. Austin Dennison, a 19-year-old student at Parkway High School in Rockford, Ohio, had a pretty special date at his prom earlier this week.
2. Austin decided to take his 89-year-old great-grandmother, Delores. She recently had a heart attack and stroke, but told him if she could, she would.
5. Austin kicked off the night’s playlist with one last surprise for Dolores. He had the DJ play Frank Sinatra’s “I Love the Kisses of Delores,” a song Austin’s great-grandfather used to sing to her.
6. One of Austin’s friends even tried to cut in for a dance.
8. Following graduation, Austin plans on attending Florida Gulf Coast University in Fort Myers to take pre-med courses. He wants to be a firefighter.
9. Here’s a video of the whole wonderful evening. The night ended early, at around 9 p.m., which Dolores says is actually a little later than she normally goes to bed.
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- Geologists say they've discovered an eighth continent beneath New Zealand. "Zealandia" is 94% submerged underwater 🔎🌍
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat and the exchange was ~confusing~.