1. The government shutdown has had numerous effects on people’s daily lives. But on Wednesday, one man decided to stand up to the federal government.
Spotted outside Lincoln Memorial - random dude mowing.
2. Armed with a lawn mower and a South Carolina state flag, he got out there and is making sure the damn lawn is mowed.
A guy has taken it upon himself to mow the lawn at the Lincoln Memorial. God bless that man. #tcot #shutdown
3. Thank you for your service in these troubling times, Lawn Mower Guy.
4. Update - The mystery man has been found! His name is Chris Cox and he’s totally awesome:
These are our memorials. Do they think that we’re just going to let them go to hell? No… If they shut down our memorials, we’re still going to take the trash out, we’re going to clean the windows, we’re going to cut the grass, we’re going to pull the weeds, we’re going to do the tree work.
Chris was sadly asked to stop mowing by Park Police, but he definitely made an impression. Representative Mark Sanford saw the lone patriotic mower and was impressed.
“Chris embodies what it means to be not just a South Carolinian, but an American,” added Sanford. “He saw a job that wasn’t getting done and decided to take care of it.”
6. Here’s a video of Chris being interviewed by the office of Congressman Darrell Issa.
- A 25-year-old has been identified as the suspected drunk driver who drove a truck into a crowd at Mardi Gras and injured over a dozen.
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲
- Tonight at 8:30pm ET, BuzzFeed is celebrating the biggest night in Hollywood, the Oscars, with a live show and tipsy game of bingo 🏆🍹