1. This is an AR-15-style semi-automatic assault weapon. Currently there are no federal restrictions on owning one.
2. Since 2012, the AR-15-style assault rifle has been involved in seven different large-scale shootings.
10. Update - Sept. 17, 10:14 a.m., EDT: According to multiple sources, including CNN, the military are pulling back from early reports that Alexis was armed with an AR-15
The sources, who have detailed knowledge of the investigation, cautioned that initial information that an AR-15 was used in the shootings may have been incorrect. It is believed that Alexis had rented an AR-15, but returned it before Monday morning’s shootings. Authorities are still investigating precisely how many weapons Alexis had access to and when.
11. The New York Times, however, is still reporting an AR-15 was found on his person.
12. Update - Sept. 17, 2:06 p.m., EDT: The FBI has stated that they officially have no information about Alexis having an AR-15 in his posession during the attacks, contrary to earlier military reports.
- Hillary Clinton's campaign is making an unprecedented play for Utah, a state that hasn't gone blue since 1964 🔵
- In case you were wondering, no — a big cyber attack couldn't swing the election.
- Kesha fans rejoice: Sony just confirmed that a new album is in the works 🎵
- People are trolling Eric Trump for apparently getting caught putting lemonade in a free water cup at In-N-Out.