2. The American Muslim Advisory Council came across the photo and were furious.
Coffee County Commissioner Barry West thinks this is the way to “wink at Muslims”. Such hate is unacceptable. http://t.co/haarXnS9DI— ACO
3. The AMAC encouraged their members to “blast” his phone number.
Please do leave a voicemail for Coffee County Commissioner Barry West demanding he apologize to the Muslim Community at 931-728-9402.— AMAC
5. The Tullahoma News then reached to West about the picture on Tuesday, who did not back down from the photo’s “point”:
West was asked by The News if he is prejudiced toward Muslims.
“I’m prejudiced against anyone who’s trying to tear down this country, Muslims, Mexicans, anybody,” he said. “If you come into this country illegally or harm us or take away benefits, I’m against it.”
The posting remained on Facebook until Tuesday morning after West was contacted by The News.
West, who said he is a Vietnam veteran, added that he wasn’t trying to make a political statement, but he was “making a point.”
- Verizon and unions representing 39,000 workers have reached an agreement that should end the largest U.S. strike in since 2011.
- Never mind the $10 million: Donald Trump now says he won't debate "second place finisher" Bernie Sanders.
- No, France has not banned people from sending work emails after hours – no matter how much we all want to believe it 🇫🇷 ✉️