5. After Newman’s story started making the rounds, Instagram issued a statement about the whole incident, explaining that it was actually a mistake.
“When our team processes reports from other members of the Instagram community, we occasionally make a mistake. In this case, we wrongly removed content and worked to rectify the error as soon as we were notified. We apologize for any inconvenience.”
7. On her Twitter, she’s been dealing with some of the fallout from her fight against Instagram. Mostly, she’s been excited that people are talking about body positivity.
8. While also reminding some of the trolls that her weight and her body are no one else’s business.
9. “I’m going to make a difference in the world, regardless of whether Instagram cooperates or not,” she told reporters. “Fat is not a bad word.”
- The World Health Organization says there is "no public health justification" for postponing or moving the Rio Olympics because of Zika virus.
- Never mind the $10 million: Donald Trump now says he won't debate "second place finisher" Bernie Sanders.
- The loneliest elephant in the world has died after spending 67 of her 69 years in captivity at a Tokyo zoo.