7. Here’s a full report from CSPI about the nutrion, or lack there of, of the Big Catch meal.
What most startled CSPI researchers was the 33 grams of trans fat in the Big Catch meal, all of which comes from industrially produced partially hydrogenated frying oil. The American Heart Association recommends that people limit themselves to about two grams of trans fat per day—or about as much as one might consume from naturally occurring trans fat in milk and meat. In other words, Long John Silver’s Big Catch meal with onion rings has 16 times as much trans fat as the heart association recommends—more than two weeks’ worth.
9. Of course, we all know what happens when you say something is the worst food in America…
.@FoxNews The worlds worst meal is DELICIOUS. Referring to Long John Silver’s “Big catch” I Love it…Big time
B96 Jason Cage
Seems delicious to me http://t.co/0R495UI8PH
America’s worst meal is Long John Silvers? The food police is wrooooong. It may be fattening but that restaurant is SO delicious Ã°Å¸Ëœâ€¹
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- Donald Trump's pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, was grilled by Democrats over his time leading a mortgage company that carried out over 36,000 foreclosures.
- Senegal says it has sent troops into Gambia in an attempt to remove President Yahya Jammeh, who has refused to step down since losing reelection in December.
- A majority of American adults get news from Facebook, according to a new survey by BuzzFeed, but only 18% of respondents said they trusted news from Facebook. ✋ 📰