1. Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a bill Friday that would prevent Americans from adopting Russian children.
Vladimir Putin (right) attends a State Council meeting in Kremlin. Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev looks on.
2. The bill was passed unanimously earlier this week by Russia’s parliament.
Council members listen to the national anthem in the Russian parliament’s upper chamber in Moscow, Russia, Wednesday, Dec. 26, 2012.
3. UNICEF has estimates that there are about 74,000 children not in parental custody in Russia.
Russian President Vladimir Putin, center, shakes hands with Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev, as the Parliament’s upper house Speaker Valentina Matviyenko looks on.
5. “Senators, fight corruption, not orphans!”
6. “We support the Dima Yakovlev bill!”
7. “Do not involve children in politics”
8. “We support the bill!”
9. “Destroy Putin’s authoritarianism. Don’t pass the bill written by scoundrels.”
10. “Hands off children!”
11. “Lawmakers, children are not your ownership”
- Blue Lies Matter: Video finally proved that police officers lie — and why they get away with it.