1. An exiled Tibetan monk killed himself in Nepal in protest by setting himself on fire in front of a Buddhist monument on Wednesday.
2. That night the Tibetans-in-exile living in Kathmandu held a candlelight vigil in his memory.
4. There have been 100 acts of self-immolation by exiled Tibetan monks since 2009.
6. The Dalai Llama does not encourage self-immolation as a form of protest, but conversely does praise the courage of those who do it.
8. China invaded and occupied Tibet and has held the region since 1954.
- The Women's March on Washington was one of the largest protests in the city's history.
- "SNL" featured a shirtless Vladimir Putin celebrating America's newest President.