1. An exiled Tibetan monk killed himself in Nepal in protest by setting himself on fire in front of a Buddhist monument on Wednesday.
2. That night the Tibetans-in-exile living in Kathmandu held a candlelight vigil in his memory.
4. There have been 100 acts of self-immolation by exiled Tibetan monks since 2009.
6. The Dalai Llama does not encourage self-immolation as a form of protest, but conversely does praise the courage of those who do it.
8. China invaded and occupied Tibet and has held the region since 1954.
- An armed militant group is urging its members to patrol polling stations on election day, a move the group's leaders say is aimed at preventing voter fraud.
- As a bitter civil war in Yemen shows no signs of stopping, nearly 14 million people are struggling to feed themselves every day.
- The Obama administration delayed trans workers' protections for years after a landmark civil rights decision 🔎🌈
- And here's everything you need to know about Apple's fall Mac event📱 🍎