2. A photo of the same contrail, taken 50 KM away from Chelyabinsk in the village of Sidelnikvo.
4. Russian municipal workers repair damaged power circuits outside of a factory. Most of the factory’s roof has collapsed.
5. Another shot of the same factory, which is about 930 miles east of Moscow. It’s unclear whether or not the collapse is from the meteor’s shockwave or a subsequent explosion.
6. Russian scientists are estimating that the meteoroid weighed about 10 tons. When it struck the Earth, it set off explosions that injured nearly 1,000 people.
7. More damage from the city of Chelyabinsk.
9. A man named Viktor receiving treatment for injuries received from the shockwave.
- President Trump addressed the Conservative Political Action Conference, or CPAC, the same gathering he skipped last year amid tensions with organizers.
- The White House strongly denies reports that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus urged the FBI to undermine stories linking Trump to Russia.
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳