1. A local Los Angeles affiliate reports that the car that struck Guerra was driven by an eldery woman with her grandchildren.
The driver of the car that struck the photographer was a grandmother who had her two grandchildren in the car. Police said she was very upset and distraught. She is not facing any charges, because it appears she was following all traffic regulations on the road.
TMZ is reporting that Guerra was chasing after Bieber’s white ferrari because he believed he saw the singer smoking marijuana.
The photog who was killed taking pics of Justin Bieber’s car made a call less than an hour before he died, telling someone he was on a big story — because he claimed he saw Justin smoking marijuana while driving.
6. Justin Bieber released a statement on Wednesday morning about the incident:
“While I was not present nor directly involved with this tragic accident, my thoughts and prayers are with the family of the victim… Hopefully this tragedy will finally inspire meaningful legislation and whatever other necessary steps to protect the lives and safety of celebrities, police officers, innocent public bystanders and the photographers themselves.”
- More than 30 people have died in a suicide bombing attack on Istanbul's international airport, Turkish officials said.
- German leader Angela Merkel said the UK can't expect to keep privileges once it leaves the EU.
- More athletes — nearly all of them golfers — have pulled out of the Rio Olympics over Zika virus concerns.