1. Last August, Anders Breivik murdered 77 people at a youth camp on Utoeya Island, 25 miles northwest of Oslo, Norway.
2. A 10-week trial ended with a verdict today, ruling that Breivik was not insane and must serve the maximum jail term.
3. Norway does not have a death penalty. Their steepest sentence is 21 years with the possibility of indefinite extension.
4. Breivik was sentenced to the full 21 years, though he may be imprisoned longer if he is still considered a danger to society.
5. Judge Wenche Elisabeth Arntzen said that the court considered Breivik to be suffering from “narcissistic personality characteristics,” but that he was not insane.
7. After his sentence was given Breivik raised his fist in a defiant right wing salute.
- Big changes to Medicare are taking a backseat as Donald Trump and GOP leaders have opposing views on the hot-button issue.
- Facebook scammers are profiting from pipeline protesters at Standing Rock by stealing Native American artwork.
- The pilot of the jet carrying a Brazilian soccer team chose to skip a refuel stop before crashing in Colombia, killing 71 people.
- Mall of America, the largest mall in the country, is hosting its first ever black Santa 🎅🏿