1. When Mormon bishop and martial arts instructor Kent Hendrix heard a commotion outside, he grabbed his 29-inch steel Samurai sword ran out of his house.
2. His female neighbor was being attacked by Grant Eggertsen. Hendrix chased Eggertson off, running after him down the street barefoot, sword in hand.
4. Hendrix is also a fourth-degree black belt and owns a variety of swords and weapons for training.
5. He told reporters that his Salt Lake City neighborhood is usually a pretty quiet place.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- At least 13 people were killed and 31 others injured when a tour bus crashed into a semi-trailer near Palm Springs, California Sunday.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.