1. When Mormon bishop and martial arts instructor Kent Hendrix heard a commotion outside, he grabbed his 29-inch steel Samurai sword ran out of his house.
2. His female neighbor was being attacked by Grant Eggertsen. Hendrix chased Eggertson off, running after him down the street barefoot, sword in hand.
4. Hendrix is also a fourth-degree black belt and owns a variety of swords and weapons for training.
5. He told reporters that his Salt Lake City neighborhood is usually a pretty quiet place.
- More than 100 people are reportedly injured after a commuter train crashed into a New Jersey Transit station in Hoboken on Thursday morning.