2. The still unidentified nurse is now suing the hospital for discrimination, claming Hurley administrators agreed to the father’s racially charged request .
According to a complaint from Tonya Battle, a nurse at Hurley Medical Center, the man pulled up his sleeve to show “some type of tattoo which was believed to be a swastika of some kind.” The complaint continues saying that a note requesting only white nurses was left by the father. After the note was left on the baby’s clipboard there was a staff meeting and the hospital made a call to the nurse’s home to tell her that she had been reassigned.
Hurley CEO Melany Gavulic spoke to reporters about the incident saying:
“The father was informed that his request could not be granted, and as a result, all nurses remained available to care for his baby… We appreciate the community’s concern and involvement today, as we publicly clarify the facts of this case. The medical center looks forward to a quick and amicable resolution.”
- Mahershala Ali won Best Supporting Actor for his role in "Moonlight." He's the first Muslim actor to win an Oscar 🏆👏
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be Secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classic films including "Twister," "Titanic," "Big Love," and "Aliens."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲