2. The still unidentified nurse is now suing the hospital for discrimination, claming Hurley administrators agreed to the father’s racially charged request .
According to a complaint from Tonya Battle, a nurse at Hurley Medical Center, the man pulled up his sleeve to show “some type of tattoo which was believed to be a swastika of some kind.” The complaint continues saying that a note requesting only white nurses was left by the father. After the note was left on the baby’s clipboard there was a staff meeting and the hospital made a call to the nurse’s home to tell her that she had been reassigned.
Hurley CEO Melany Gavulic spoke to reporters about the incident saying:
“The father was informed that his request could not be granted, and as a result, all nurses remained available to care for his baby… We appreciate the community’s concern and involvement today, as we publicly clarify the facts of this case. The medical center looks forward to a quick and amicable resolution.”
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘