1. In Esquire’s feature “The Man Who Killed Osama bin Laden… Is Screwed,” the anonymous SEAL member they interviewed speaks candidly about Metallica requesting their music not be used for interrogation.
photo taken July 28, 2012
2. From the Esquire piece:
He also insists that when it came to interrogation, repetitive questioning and leveraging fear was as aggressive as he’d go. “When we first started the war in Iraq, we were using Metallica music to soften people up before we interrogated them,” the Shooter says. “Metallica got wind of this and they said, ‘Hey, please don’t use our music because we don’t want to promote violence.’ I thought, Dude, you have an album called Kill ‘Em All.
3. “…But we stopped using their music, and then a band called Demon Hunter got in touch and said, ‘We’re all about promoting what you do.’”
5. Demon Hunter are not regarded as being a particularly “respected” band in the metal community.
6. For some context, here are the top Youtube comments on Demon Hunter’s top single right now:
- Neilson Rizzuto has been identified as the suspected drunk driver who drove a truck into a crowd at Mardi Gras and injured over a dozen.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classic films including "Twister," "Titanic," and "Aliens."
- Moderate to severe coral bleaching continues to affect the Great Barrier Reef almost a year after the worst bleaching crisis in history.
- Tonight at 8:30pm ET, BuzzFeed is celebrating the biggest night in Hollywood, the Oscars, with a live show and tipsy game of bingo 🏆🍹