2. Several years ago, Dan started buying coffee for his dad while his dad went through chemotherapy treatments for prostate cancer.
12. In the profile on Dan, a breast cancer patient named Christine talks about how much Dan’s visits help:
“It’s wonderful,” says Christine Jarosz, a breast cancer patient from Sylvan Lake who said she’s living “cat scan to cat scan.” “It’s not wonderful being here, but just this bit of brightness just helps all of us and we’re grateful.”
She smiles at Dewey.
“The smile is all I need to show up,” Dewey says, causing her smile to widen. “See, right there. That’s it. If I can count on that, forget the rest.”
- Verizon and unions representing 39,000 workers have reached an agreement that should end the largest U.S. strike in since 2011.
- Never mind the $10 million: Donald Trump now says he won't debate "second place finisher" Bernie Sanders.
- No, France has not banned people from sending work emails after hours – no matter how much we all want to believe it 🇫🇷 ✉️