1. Fast-food workers advocacy group Low Pay Is Not Okay took a look at McDonald’s new budgeting website and discovered the company actually suggests employees get a second job to offset McDonald’s wages.
5. McDonald’s has issued a statement about the budget planner:
“In an effort to provide free, comprehensive money management tools, McDonald’s first used the Wealth Watchers International budgeting journal when this financial literacy program launched in 2008.
As part of this program, several resources were developed including a sample budgeting guide, an instructional video and a web resource center that had additional tools and information.
The samples that are on this site are generic examples and are intended to help provide a general outline of what an individual budget may look like.”
- More than 700 refugees and migrants are feared dead following three shipwrecks in the Mediterranean Sea.
- Donald Trump mused on America's energy future in a North Dakota speech and some of his vision makes little sense.
- Lawmakers have demanded crackdown on a California college that faked grades, skated by immigration authorities, and made a fortune, after a BuzzFeed News investigation.