1. This is Georges Exantus. He lives in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. This is his bedroom.
2. Georges is a professional dancer.
3. It was three years ago that the devastating 7.0 earthquake hit Haiti’s capital. It flattened George’s apartment, burying him under rubble. He spent three days trapped in the wreckage.
4. Doctors had to amputate his leg below the knee. He now uses a prosthetic leg to get around.
5. His prosthesis allows him to do what he loves most: dance.
6. Georges now walks with a slight limp. He can’t get around as fast as he used to or pull off some of his old moves, but he can still dance.
7. And today Georges is getting married.
8. Here’s Georges putting a ring on the finger of his bride, Sherly.
9. Congratulations, Georges!
10. In Haiti, there’s a lot of stigma surrounding the disabled population, but Georges told the AP he’s learned to ignore the stares.
11. “As long as I am living I’m going to dance.”
- Oops: "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳 ⁉️
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classics including "Twister," "Titanic," "Big Love," and "Aliens."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — it's been reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲