1. Have you noticed a lot of people posting videos lately tagged with #IceBucketChallenge?
2. It’s pretty much everywhere you look this summer.
6. They based it on a game pro golfers were doing for charity and the two causes collided, then the #IceBucketChallenge became a huge thing.
7. Since then it’s spun out to the whole internet, with people nominating 10 friends who then pass it on.
8. On Thursday, 200 people in Boston took it at once.
9. A few days before that the Boston Police Department all accepted the challenge.
10. As well as the mayor of Boston, Marty Walsh.
11. It’s still huge in Massachusetts, but thanks to huge chunks of Facebook tagging each other, it’s now happening all over the country.
12. The way it connects with ALS research is that if you nominate someone and they don’t accept the challenge they have to donate $100 to an ALS charity.
13. My little sister, living in Boston, nominated me, so I decided to take it on behalf of BuzzFeed. And we’re nominating the rest of the internet!
14. (Sorry about my gross stomach…)
- Heads up, Harry Potter fans. You can now get Butterbeer ice cream at your grocery store 🍦✨