3. Garcia told NBC affiliate KPRC-TV that he couldn’t ignore the comment:
“I heard the man say, ‘Special needs children need to be special somewhere else’… My personal feelings took over, and I told him, ‘I’m not going to be able to serve you, Sir… How could you say that?… How could you say that about a beautiful 5-year-old angel?’”
5. Later that night Kim shared a statement with 2-95.com:
“Tonight was a first. Dinner at Laurenzo’s and a family of 4 asked to be moved from the booth next to us. I didn’t think that much about it but shortly after they left the restaurant entirely, glancing at our table as they left (thought I was being paranoid). As it turns out they told the waiter, ‘special needs kids should be kept in special places.’ The waiter promptly told them he was offended by their comment and refused to serve them. Yay for people like Michael, Candace and Eric at Laurenzo’s (also waiters who everyone should go tip heavily) who not only love (my son) Milo for who he is — a customer and little boy with Down syndrome, but stand up for him no matter what.”
- Thanks to Paul Ryan, Papa Roach's teen-angst smash "Last Resort" has become the internet's unofficial anthem for the owned 😬🎤
- Markets are saying "Vive la France" after pro-EU centrist Emmanuel Macron gained the most votes in the 1st round of the French election.
- A Pro-Trump site is showing that with a big Facebook page and catchy headlines, you can have almost zero content and still make money.
- Tim Hortons, Canada's biggest coffee chain, is opening its first UK store next month ahead of a rollout across the country 🍩