1. This is a compilation of NekNominations. The premise is that you drink an alcoholic beverage — or, as they say in Australia, “necking” — and then nominate someone else to do the same.
4. Here’s a definition of NekNominations courtesy of Urban Dictionary:
The mating ritual of Aussie Bogans, who in order to demonstrate their penis length/girth and demonstrate their readiness and desire to mate with other Bogans, must chug a full beer on video, and then nominate another Bogan to do the same.
Most commonly practiced before a night taking the Commo out to Chapel Street, downing a slab at Bazza’s place, or hitting the drags at Dandy.
8. He claimed it was a relatively common Australian drinking game:
VICE: Who created neknomination?
Jay Anthony: A group of guys in Scotch college in Western Australia. One of them skulled a beer and said to his mate, “You’re next.” It became a trend, and then when my page went up it kind of snowballed. It moved through Australia, then New Zealand, and now it’s even gaining traction in Europe.
9. The nominations keep getting more intense as the trend spreads around the world. One Facebook user mixed and drank a cocktail he claimed included cider, eggs, battery fluid, urine and three goldfish.
18. According to The Guardian, Ireland’s communications minister, Pat Rabbitte, requested Facebook start banning NekNomination content. The social network has no current plans to do so, however.
Facebook said it aims to enable people to share freely while protecting the rights of others.
“We do not tolerate content which is directly harmful, for example bullying, but controversial or offensive behaviour is not necessarily against our rules. We encourage people to report things to us which they feel break our rules so we can review and take action on a case by case basis.
We also give people the ability to remove themselves from an uncomfortable conversation through tools such as untagging and blocking.”
- Hillary Clinton called Donald Trump's attacks on former Miss Universe Alicia Machado "unhinged."