1. Quezon City, one of the largest cities in the Philippines, has been the center of a huge amount of rioting in the run up to President Benigno Aquino’s fourth State of the Nation address on Monday.
2. Protesters furious over homelessness, unemployment, and poverty have been violently clashing with police.
3. On Monday, however, one police officer couldn’t hold it together any longer.
5. According to abs-cbnnews.com, what happened next was truly breathtaking:
Finally, some protesters noticed him, too: a policeman, whom they expected to retaliate, was in front of them, holding his shield firmly, weeping.
And then they started to console Sevilla. A man held his shoulder, telling him that everything would be all right. Another woman comforted him, as she tried to give him a handkerchief to wipe his tears.
A group of protesters huddled around Sevilla until his supervisors noticed and took him away from the front line.
- Beloved actor Gene Wilder, who starred in classics like "Willy Wonka" and "Blazing Saddles," has died at 83.
- California lawmakers have passed a bill that would require prison time for those convicted of sexually assaulting an unconscious victim.
- Apple will unveil the newest iPhones on September 7. Expect a new dual-camera system and NO headphone jack 📱