1. At the Hollywood premiere of Maleficent Wednesday night, Brad Pitt was rushed by Ukrainian prankster Vitalii Sediuk outside the El Capitan Theatre.
2. Sediuk lept over the security barrier and tried to put his hands on Pitt. Sediuk was then tackled by Los Angeles police and detained.
3. He is facing a misdemeanor battery charge and is currently being held on a $20,000 bail.
5. You can watch a video of the whole incident here:
7. In January, he tried to hug Bradley Cooper’s crotch on the red carpet of the Screen Actors Guild Awards and did the same thing again in February to Leonardo DiCaprio at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival.
8. Sediuk is perhaps best known for this incident in 2012, when he attempted to kiss Will Smith at the Moscow premiere of Men in Black III, then was summarily slapped by Smith.
- The Clinton campaign is trying to stop television stations from running a pro-Trump ad featuring Michelle Obama.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- Countries from around the world have agreed that the Ross Sea in Antarctica will become the world's largest marine protected area.
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀