2. According to The Wisconsin Gazette, Phares was attacked in a Perkins parking lot by his co-worker’s husband:
“(Hendricks) was getting out of his vehicle, and he said, ‘Fucking faggot, I’m going to kill you,’” Phares said.
At that point Phares said Hendricks struck him in the head with great force using a 2 × 4 piece of lumber. In a written statement, Krista katherine said she heard her brother’s head smack the pavement, but Tim Phares lost consciousness and doesn’t remember anything else before waking up in the hospital.
Phares suffered head and facial abrasions as well as multiple facial fractures that will ultimately require surgery to implant metal plates, he said.
Phares said the reason behind the assault is a mystery to him…
7. The statement reads:
Applebee’s and its franchisee, Apple American Group, do not tolerate discrimination of any sort. We are aware of this horrible situation, which did not take place in or near an Applebee’s restaurant, and Apple American Group has communicated directly with the Team Member to assure him that his personal welfare and safety is a top concern. This matter will continue to be reviewed internally, and Apple American Group will cooperate with local law enforcement to provide them with any information they need to complete their investigation”
- Criticized previously for not forcefully speaking out, Donald Trump condemned anti-Semitism after bomb threats were reported at 11 Jewish centers.
- Milo Yiannopoulos has resigned from Breitbart News after he was accused of defending pedophilia in an old video.
- President Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new national security adviser, replacing Michael Flynn who resigned last week.
- West Elm pulled the Peggy Couch from its site after years of scathing customer reviews and complaints of buttons popping off 🙈