2. According to The Wisconsin Gazette, Phares was attacked in a Perkins parking lot by his co-worker’s husband:
“(Hendricks) was getting out of his vehicle, and he said, ‘Fucking faggot, I’m going to kill you,’” Phares said.
At that point Phares said Hendricks struck him in the head with great force using a 2 × 4 piece of lumber. In a written statement, Krista katherine said she heard her brother’s head smack the pavement, but Tim Phares lost consciousness and doesn’t remember anything else before waking up in the hospital.
Phares suffered head and facial abrasions as well as multiple facial fractures that will ultimately require surgery to implant metal plates, he said.
Phares said the reason behind the assault is a mystery to him…
7. The statement reads:
Applebee’s and its franchisee, Apple American Group, do not tolerate discrimination of any sort. We are aware of this horrible situation, which did not take place in or near an Applebee’s restaurant, and Apple American Group has communicated directly with the Team Member to assure him that his personal welfare and safety is a top concern. This matter will continue to be reviewed internally, and Apple American Group will cooperate with local law enforcement to provide them with any information they need to complete their investigation”
- UK voters sent a massive shock through the world, overturning 40 years of British EU membership.
- Prime Minister David Cameron says he will resign by October.
- British banks got hit hard, and their European peers were hit even harder.
- Scottish leader Nicola Sturgeon says a second independence referendum for Scotland is "highly likely."