3. The publicity stunt, though, went sour when customers panicked fearing a James Holmes copycat was storming the theater.
4. Several called the police, reporting seeing “a man in full assault gear, carrying what appeared to be a modified M-4 and 9 mm on his side.”
5. ABC 17 interviewed Captain Doug Shoemaker, who was incredibly critical of the theater’s decision:
“We received a series of 911 calls stating that a man dressed in all black and body armor and a rifle was walking into Capital 8 Theaters,” said Capt. Doug Shoemaker.
Officers thought they were responding to an active shooter investigation.
“Everything was in place, it’s the opening night of a superhero movie, it’s somebody walking in all-dark clothes, everything pointed to bad things about to happen,” said Shoemaker. “There’s really no good that can come of this.”
6. Bob Wilkins, the theater’s manager, said that only a few moviegoers were upset by the stunt and that hundreds were entertained.
7. The theater seems to bring in a lot of cosplayers around the premieres of their movies, here’s a Facebook album of some of the other events.
- Donald Trump just announced he will "totally accept" the election results….if he wins.
- People are really pissed over this "Grab Her By The Brain" campaign based on Donald Trump's comments about women.
- Think before you trust Facebook: Hyperpartisan pages are posting false or misleading information up to 38% of the time 💻⁉️
- This guy casually sat in a flooding Starbucks during intense storms in Hong Kong and became the internet's newest hero.