1. Katie Gustainis Vela posted this screenshot of the curriculum being used to teach the middle schoolers of the Canyon Independent School District in Texas about sexual health.
Katie Gustainis Vela
Canyon TX #sexed: students should be like a “wrapped up & unused” piece of gum. @AdvocatesTweets
2. The instruction materials suggest explaining sexual purity to children in terms of a new toothbrush or fresh stick of gum:
Today, virgin means not having participated in any sexual activity of any kind.
Toothbrush or stick of gum demonstration can be used here to show the difference in used versus new.
Encourage students to stay like a new toothbrush, wrapped up and unused. People want to marry a virgin, just like they want a virgin toothbrush or stick of gum.
4. According to its website, the Reality CHECK program is taught to children in grades 5, 6, 7, and high school.
Canyon Independent School District provides human sexuality instruction in grades 5, 6, 7, and high school health through the Reality CHECK program. The district School Health and Advisory Council (SHAC) recommends course curriculum and instructors to the school board of trustees for approval.
Instructors present lessons to 5th, 6th, and 7th graders in same-gender groups. Co-educational high school health classes are used as the forum for high school instruction. Abstinence from sexual activity is presented as the preferred choice of behavior in relationship to sexual activity for adolescents both physically and emotionally.
- Saturday is Trump's 100th day in office. We found an average of about one false statement per day from him and his aides so far 💯
- A luxury event called Fyre Festival turned into a total shitshow. Headliners dropped out and guests tweeted photos of bare-bones food and lodging 😱
- American Airlines gave workers a raise — to the highest pay in the industry — and Wall Street is furious. The company's stock has been falling since Thursday.
- A teen had a remarkably petty response when her ex asked for his prom money back: She paid him in all pennies 😏