8. Lastly, we need to talk about Jessica Lange’s instant-classic “Name Game” scene.
Lead characters rarely go completely insane, and if they do, it’s usually scored with some incredibly dramatic music. When Jessica Lange’s Sister Jude goes off the deep end in episode 10 of the second season,, Murphy chose a song that didn’t sound insane, but actually felt genuinely crazy. It’s an ambiguous dream sequence in which Jessica Lange sings her own version of “The Name Game” and proves without a doubt to the audience that she’s completely lost her damn mind, but in the very best way.
- Donald Trump promised insurance for everyone this weekend, but Senate Republicans say they assume he misspoke.
- President Barack Obama shortened Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for leaking documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- Blue Lies Matter: Video finally proved that police officers lie — and why they get away with it.
- A Toronto man is on a mission to bathe at a different stranger's house every day this month. And so far, so good 🛀