2. The girl who first shared his picture on Twitter has reportedly said she found the image on Tumblr and has never heard of the marketing company.
3. On Sunday afternoon, Twitter user @auscalem posted a photo of a guy named Alex working at Target.
4. Then she quickly explained that it wasn’t her photo. She just posted it.
5. According to Twitter tracking site Topsy, people started sharing photos of “Alex from Target” Sunday morning.
6. Regardless of who took the photo, people ran with it.
9. And now, #AlexFromTarget is a MASSIVE thing.
11. Basically, the internet turned this guy named Alex into a huge meme in less than 12 hours.
15. People are even doing “impressions” of him on Vine…
22. He seemed a little freaked out, of course, but appeared to be taking everything with a pretty good attitude.
24. BuzzFeed News reached out to Alex to see if he’s received any harassment after becoming internet famous in under 12 hours. He hasn’t responded yet.
Target’s Twitter has announced their support for Alex and dispelled rumors that his popularity online might have cost him his job.
- For MLK Day, we're taking a look at some rare pictures of Martin Luther King Jr.
- At least four people were killed in a shooting at a Mexican music festival.