2. When asked why she would vote to limit the ability for women in Alabama to get abortions, McClurkin gave an answer that’s left more than a few people confused:
“When a physician removes a child from a woman, that is the largest organ in a body,” McClurkin said in an interview Thursday. “That’s a big thing. That’s a big surgery. You don’t have any other organs in your body that are bigger than that.”
3. Even if you accepted McClurkin’s definition of a fetus as an organ — which most experts would dispute — it wouldn’t be the largest internal organ.
And then there’s the skin, which is the largest external organ.
- An airplane carrying Republican VP candidate Mike Pence skidded off the runway at New York City's LaGuardia airport. No one was injured.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- A Trump official says the campaign has "three major voter suppression operations underway."
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀