2. When asked why she would vote to limit the ability for women in Alabama to get abortions, McClurkin gave an answer that’s left more than a few people confused:
“When a physician removes a child from a woman, that is the largest organ in a body,” McClurkin said in an interview Thursday. “That’s a big thing. That’s a big surgery. You don’t have any other organs in your body that are bigger than that.”
3. Even if you accepted McClurkin’s definition of a fetus as an organ — which most experts would dispute — it wouldn’t be the largest internal organ.
And then there’s the skin, which is the largest external organ.
- At least 28 people have died in a suicide bombing attack on Istanbul's international airport, Turkish officials said.
- Speaking on Tuesday, German leader Angela Merkel said the UK can't expect to keep privileges once it leaves the EU.
- House Republicans have released an 800-page report on the 2012 Benghazi attacks that killed 4 Americans.