1. Melissa Jordan, the mother of a young boy being looked after by A Heavenly Haven Child Care center, discovered alarming photos of her son online.
2. The photos showed her three-year-old in a high chair looking distraught, with captioning making fun of his delayed speech difficulties.
4. Along with photos of other children being looked after by A Heavenly Haven, including this one mocking a boy’s teeth.
A Heavenly Haven’s position on the actions of the employees involved zero tolerance, and the employees have been terminated. A Heavenly Haven is a Christian-based Childcare Development Center that has served the Peninsula for over 15 years. We have an excellent record and long term relationship with many families we have served on the Peninsula. This incident, caused by an employee, does not reflect who we are as a childcare provider nor will it deter us from providing a safe and nurturing environment for our children.
(h/t The Consumerist)
- The death toll has risen to 36 in the Oakland warehouse party fire. Officials say they are no where close to finding a cause for the fire.
- Donald Trump has picked retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson to be his secretary of housing and urban development.
- Jill Stein has filed a federal lawsuit in Pennsylvania for statewide recount of the 2016 election, after she withdrew a request in state court.
- A woman clapped back at her anti-gay neighbor using festive rainbow Christmas lights 🎄👏