1. Melissa Jordan, the mother of a young boy being looked after by A Heavenly Haven Child Care center, discovered alarming photos of her son online.
2. The photos showed her three-year-old in a high chair looking distraught, with captioning making fun of his delayed speech difficulties.
4. Along with photos of other children being looked after by A Heavenly Haven, including this one mocking a boy’s teeth.
A Heavenly Haven’s position on the actions of the employees involved zero tolerance, and the employees have been terminated. A Heavenly Haven is a Christian-based Childcare Development Center that has served the Peninsula for over 15 years. We have an excellent record and long term relationship with many families we have served on the Peninsula. This incident, caused by an employee, does not reflect who we are as a childcare provider nor will it deter us from providing a safe and nurturing environment for our children.
(h/t The Consumerist)
- The State Department has faulted Hillary Clinton for breaking email rules and failing to manage cybersecurity risks as Secretary of State.
- 11 states are suing the Obama administration for telling schools to let trans students use the bathroom of their choice.
- Russia has freed Ukrainian pilot Nadia Savchenko, who was convicted of murdering two Russian journalists in 2014.