1. This is the “Same Love” response track recorded by Houston rapper Bizzle. It takes the backing beat from Macklemore’s “Same Love” but it has a a very different message.
2. Here are a few of his opening lines:
You rather fight God than fight sin
The Bible is alright until it calls what you like sin
And I feel so disrespected that you were so desperate
You would compare your sexual habits to my skin
Calling it ‘the new black?’ Tell me, where they do that?
They hung us like tree ornaments, where were you at?
They burned us for entertainment, you go through that?”
Moms raped in front of their kids while they shoot dad
Ever been murdered just for trying to learn how to read, bro?
Show of hands? I didn’t think so
So quit comparing the two it ain’t the same fight
You can play straight. We can never play white.
Using black people as pawns for your agenda
These sell-out rappers that do whatever you tell em.
4. Blogger Andy Towle singles out many of Bizzle’s controversial lyrics, including a verse that compares homosexuals to pedophiles.
You were never oppressed. The devil was a liar
The only thing oppressed was your sexual desire
Keeping your desires oppressed is so lame to you
But when you get married that’s what you expect your mate to do
It angers you if I compare you to a pedophile
Because he’s sick, right, and you’re better, how?
6. With users on Twitter and Facebook lauding the song’s message.
7. Bizzle on Twitter, however, has posted about how he doesn’t think the song is meant to inspire more hate.
- Baylor University's president and football coach have been removed for failing to address a team sexual assaults scandal for years.
- Here we go: Donald Trump has reached the number of delegates needed to be the Republican presidential nominee.
- The UK will be the first country to issue letters for same-sex couples abroad to ensure their next-of-kin rights are upheld.