1. Darth Vader showed up.
Ù„Ø§ Ø¹Ø²Ø§Ø¡ Ù„Ù„Ù…ÙØ¨ØµÙØ±ÙŠÙ†
Turkish sense of humor.. It would appear they’ve got some.. cc @MohHKamel
3. And there are Guy Fawkes masks.
Our Brothers and Sisters of #Anonymous in #Turkey #Istanbul for #OccupyGezi RT
Dear Anonymous. You do not forgive. We are LOADING. Hello from Taksim #occupygezi @YourAnonNews @AnonOpsLegion
5. There are musicians.
Classical music concert at #occupygezi followed by crowds chanting “Tayyip enemy of culture” #istanbul #taksim
7. There are musicians wearing Guy Fawkes masks.
Protesting like a boss. #Taksim #OccupyGezi
9. There is yoga.
Gezi Park’ta yoga yapan direniÅŸÃ§iler. Poziyonun adÄ± “AltaylÄ± SCD”
“Oh yes, the #occupygezi demonstrators are very violent. They’re doing yoga right now” via http://t.co/TUu8RhqT3Y
Gezi ParkÄ±’ndan gÃ¼zel gÃ¶rÃ¼ntÃ¼ler gelmeye devam ediyor:) Yoga saati! #DirenGeziParkÄ± #OccupyGezi
14. And there is a library.
Queen of Plunderer
@SDMumford In today, people distributed a lots of books and they read in gezi park like that :)
16. There are dogs.
A dog inside Gezi park, it’s placard reads ” Tayyip with no personality”! #istanbul #gezipark #occupygezi
17. Like this one in sunglasses that rides a motorcycle with his protester human.
Guy that was photographed yesterday sleeping with his dog + mask + glasses, here again ful awake at Gezi Park
18. Or this dog that would rather have a park than a mall.
‘If there’s no park, I’ll poop in the mall’ (from Istanbul protests) #direngeziparki
19. Or this dog that understands the importance of a clean Gezi Park no matter how vicious the protesting becomes.
A dog helping with the cleaning in Gezipark, Istanbul. #occupygezi #occupyturkey
21. And some that became more active than others.
Cha Sophie Nielsen
Protesters in Istanbul helping a dog affected by tear gas.
22. There is art.
Gezi cok kalabalik ve harika! #direngeziparkÄ± #occupygezi
Turkish protesters get creative: because statues are people too. #occupygezi #direngeziparkÄ± #bubirsivildirenis
24. And there is kissing.
Il Popolo Viola
“Ogni movimento rivoluzionario Ã¨ romantico per definizione” (Antonio Gramsci) Foto da Istanbul
capulculove â¤ #occupygezi #occupyturkey #direngezi #ozgurlugunesahipcik
27. There is a whirling dervish in a gas mask.
The picture of the dervish protester in a gas-mask is already iconic. #occupygezi
(When I saw the gas-mask dervish yesterday, he was shirtless!) #occupygezi
30. There are children.
With all the violence, this is the most powerful image I’ve seen out of #turkey. #occupygezi #OpTurkey
- A group of UK Uber drivers have won the right to minimum wage in a case that could have huge implications for the "gig economy" 🚘
- Russia has been blocked from serving on the UN Human Rights Council in a surprising vote.
- Here are some of the best Vines to watch before Twitter kills it 💀