1. Dozens of teenage girls from Scripps Ranch High School in San Diego were suspended for making a “twerk team video.”
3. In the video, thirty-two students danced outside class during 6th period. It was then uploaded to YouTube.
4. The school was furious and suspended all 33 students involved, the 32 twerk team members and a 33rd filming, banning them from prom, and not allowing them to walk during commencement.
5. Many of the girls involved and their families are outraged, thinking the school’s decision was too harsh.
This tweak team thing is gonna cause a fricken schools uprising— Emily Benzie
Im pretty much done with Scripps Ranch’s admin, I don’t understand how they can get their heads this far up their own butts— Emily Benzie
Even my conservative mother thinks the SRHS admin is full of crap— Emily Benzie
Suspended, banned from prom, and prevented from walking at graduation all because of an awesome twerk video. I don’t understand— Emily Benzie
Students must sign a page in the handbook that states: “At Scripps Ranch High school there is zero tolerance for students who cause major disruptions at school or school activities. Any student who causes a major disruption will receive a five (5) day suspension, a possible new school placement and may be arrested.”
12. Scripps Ranch High School is standing by their decision, however.
- President Trump signed an anti-abortion executive order that reinstates the so-called "global gag rule," barring foreign organizations taking US money from providing abortions.
- In the first major lawsuit of his presidency, Donald Trump has been sued by top legal scholars over alleged conflicts of interest with his foreign business entanglements.
- Samsung finally explained why its Galaxy Note 7 kept catching fire, blaming a combo of faulty batteries and improper welding in the phones📱🔥
- Alt-right news platform Breitbart News is set to expand its presence in Italy, BuzzFeed News has learned 📰 🇮🇹