1. When this little boy offered to share his toys with refugees arriving at Munich's central train station.
2. When Sandra Tsiligeridu and a group of her friends saved a Syrian refugee they found stranded at sea near the Greek island of Kos. He was clinging to a life vest and had been adrift for 13 hours.
3. The Munich police officer who took a moment to let a little boy try on his hat.
4. And the little boy who ran off with one.
5. When Antonis Deligiorgis decided to dive into the water and single-handedly pull 20 Syrian refugees from the water after seeing their boat hit jagged rocks and disintegrate off the coast of Rhodes, Greece.
6. The $50,000 in donations raised for this Syrian man in a Palestinian refugee camp after he was photographed selling pens to support his family.
Abdul Haleem al-Kader hopes to use the money to bring his family to Europe. "All I want is to educate my kids,” Kader told BuzzFeed News, “send them to school, help them to get their education."
7. These Hungarians lining the highways with food.
8. And providing water for refugees walking on foot to Austria.
9. The citizens of Oer-Erkenschwick, Germany, who gathered together with signs to welcome Syrian refugees.
10. The 25,000 more in Vienna who took to the streets to let the world know that refugees are welcome in their city.
11. And the 10,000 Australians who rallied in cities all across their country, demanding their government does more to help.
12. When artists from all over the world began creating beautiful and heartbreaking works of art in honor of Aylan and Galip Kurdi, the Syrian toddlers whose deaths at sea last week horrified the world.
13. With some tributes happening halfway around the world, like this wall of graffiti in Sorocaba, Brazil.
14. Or the person in Australia who placed an obituary for Aylan Kurdi in the Sydney Morning Herald.
15. The moment Laith Majid, a Syrian father, was photographed breaking down in tears of joy as he and his son and daughter arrived on the Greek island of Kos.
16. And this photo of Majid and his family taken three weeks later at a camp housing refugees in Berlin.
17. When German and Austrian activists broke Hungarian law to assemble a 140-car convoy to transport refugees back to Austria.
18. The German football fans that used a game as an opportunity to make a statement.
19. And the German train conductor who let a sleeping volunteer ride for free.
20. These Syrian refugees taking a victory selfie after arriving at a beach on the Greek island of Kos.
21. And when this German railway station decided to give arriving refugees a standing ovation.
Ryan Broderick is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Ryan Broderick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.