1. The Bay Area waited on this morning’s Supreme Court rulings, many gathering inside San Francisco’s City Hall.
Awaiting the Supreme Court ruling on gay marriage. Packed San Francisco City Hall.
Joe A. W. Fitzgerald
A panorama of San Francisco city hall crowd waiting on #prop8 #doma@SCOTUSblog
Crowd at SF City Hall awaiting #Prop8 #DOMA #SCOTUS rulings. @KTVU
6. As the first ruling went out, striking down the Defense Of Marriage Act, the hall erupted.
San Francisco City Hall erupts in cheers as DOMA is deemed unconstitutional.
I adore you, San Francisco. #loveislove
RT @lindsayklife: San Francisco via @SupeJaneKim #loveislove
16. And then the ruling went out.
18. Married same-sex couples will now be federally recognized in 12 states, plus Washington D.C.
- More than 35 people have died in a suicide bombing attack on Istanbul's international airport, Turkish officials said.
- The president of the EU Council says the bloc's leaders want UK's exit plans "to be specified as soon as possible."
- More athletes — nearly all of them golfers — have pulled out of the Rio Olympics over Zika virus concerns.