1. The Bay Area waited on this morning’s Supreme Court rulings, many gathering inside San Francisco’s City Hall.
Awaiting the Supreme Court ruling on gay marriage. Packed San Francisco City Hall.
Joe A. W. Fitzgerald
A panorama of San Francisco city hall crowd waiting on #prop8 #doma@SCOTUSblog
Crowd at SF City Hall awaiting #Prop8 #DOMA #SCOTUS rulings. @KTVU
6. As the first ruling went out, striking down the Defense Of Marriage Act, the hall erupted.
San Francisco City Hall erupts in cheers as DOMA is deemed unconstitutional.
I adore you, San Francisco. #loveislove
RT @lindsayklife: San Francisco via @SupeJaneKim #loveislove
16. And then the ruling went out.
18. Married same-sex couples will now be federally recognized in 12 states, plus Washington D.C.
- For MLK Day, we're taking a look at some rare pictures of Martin Luther King Jr.
- At least four people were killed in a shooting at a Mexican music festival.
- The Russian government agrees with comments Donald Trump made on Sunday, saying that NATO is "obsolete."
- And BuzzFeed News spent two months mapping Trump's personal and business connections — and found more than 1,500 in all.