1. The Bay Area waited on this morning's Supreme Court rulings, many gathering inside San Francisco's City Hall.
6. As the first ruling went out, striking down the Defense Of Marriage Act, the hall erupted.
11. The Supreme Court, however, took longer with its ruling on Prop 8.
16. And then the ruling went out.
17. The Prop 8 case was dismissed.
18. Married same-sex couples will now be federally recognized in 12 states, plus Washington D.C.
Ryan Broderick is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Ryan Broderick at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.