2. Sheet sleeping bag for those bedbug-eaten hostel beds
5. A sarong. It can also work as a sheet, skirt, scarf, tablecloth, head & shoulders covering, etc.
7. A gang (electrical multi-plug thingy) with a long extension wire. There are never, ever, ever, enough plug sockets!
8. GOOD bras and underwear
11. A fleece if you're going anywhere it'll be cold at night: warm, light and dries easily
14. Two small luggage padlocks, ideally combination ones, so when you're in random hostels and you have to provide your own lock but also want to keep your bag locked you can do it all
15. Your toothbrush, one that folds up is good as it stays clean
17. A Power Monkey (or similar), it's one charger for everything and you can top up batteries when you don't have a plug socket
21 & 22. A smile and a good, positive, open mental attitude. You'll get by with those even if you forget everything else
24. Needle & thread
25. Comfortable trainers/walking shoes or... 26. trekking sandals: they don't look stylish but they're the best...
30. Portable binoculars if you like nature-spotting
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!