1. Why haven't you seen this one yet? This 1982 classic was way ahead of its time and stars this little nobody named Julie Andrews.
2. The genre? A sex farce. The story? It’s the tale as old as time. A struggling soprano can’t find a job in fin de siècle Paris.
3. With the help of her friend Toddy, a gay (read OUT) cabaret performer, she comes out of a closet. Literally. And discovers her alter ego, Victor, a man who performs as a female impersonator.
4. So Victoria, a woman, plays Victor, a man, pretending to be a woman. Got it?
5. She finds work at a nightclub and tickets to her show are hot hot hot because, come on, it’s Julie Andrews.
6. Enter James Garner. He’s King, a nightclub owner/mobster who falls in love with Victor while watching her show. He is hella confused about his attraction.
7. Add some mob drama and perfectly-cast supporting actors and thus ensues the most delightful musical comedy you will ever watch. It's both hilarious and poignant, a powerful meditation on love, attraction and empathy. And it's flaw.less.ly executed.
8. And, perhaps most importantly, it is one of the only films that is undeniably, unquestionably, indisputably positive about homosexuality!
9. So what are you waiting for? Treat yourself 2017! Watch this movie!
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!